Five for Friday - Crazy!

Whew.  WHAT.  A.  WEEK.  Is it just me or is the week after Spring Break the LONGEST WEEK EVER?   It doesn't help that we have had two different tornado watches this week.  It's like a week with a full moon - we were all kinds of crazy!  Well, we survived and I can tell you I am looking forward to the weekend!  Check out these five interesting things about my week!  



Easter Sunday turned out to be such a wonderful and beautiful day!  Chilly, yes.  Windy, yes.  Beautiful, YES!  My girls LOVED hunting for eggs and getting their baskets from the Easter Bunny!  Aren't they precious?






I loved enjoying my morning coffee from my new coffee mug I treated myself to and a wonderful church service with just the message I needed!  So blessed!






I FINALLY uploaded my Linkin' Up Literacy product I've been working on FOREVER!  I've received some great feedback and I have plans to add more to it!  When I do the price will be going up so grab it now!!! To check out my post about it click HERE.





(Click on the picture above to check it out in my store!)



We had our initial summer school meeting this week!  Eeeek!  Summer school?  Already?  Gosh this year has FLOWN BY!  This year's summer school theme is SPACE!  I just bought some new clip art and I can't wait to get started using it!






To keep myself motivated to work out and relieve stress, I've decided that I need a reward system.  Madi and I set up a system using my planner this week.  Every time I work out, I give myself a smiley face.  After ten smiley faces, I earn CHOCOLATE.  I am currently on Day 3 and Easter candy is screaming my name...





I also finished my Superhero Sight Words INTERVENTION set that I have been working on for a while.  I am SUPER excited about this!  We have been testing this in my classroom for a while now and the kiddos are really into it!  Here's how it works:


Each student received their own set of Superhero Sight Word cards.   We then sat one on one and 'tested' each student on their sight words, giving a sticker, stamp, or permanent marker star if the student read the word CORRECTLY.  (stamps work great if the cards aren't laminated, otherwise a sticker or a smiley face with a permanent marker works well!)






After testing, I sent home the sight words with students encouraging them to practice reading their words every night.  We then recheck students about every other week to see if they have made any gains.  When a student gains more words, I use the small certificates and let families know how SUPER their student is!  Once a student has mastered all of the words, use the large certificate to celebrate!  Too fun right?  







My kiddos keep these in their reading bags or backpacks and bring them back to school each day.  They know that if they finish an assignment early they can get our their Superhero Sight Words and read them to a friend.  They love it!


Here is a link to the product!  It includes Pre-Primer and Primer words, an EDITABLE blank page to add your own words, an EDITABLE page to add student names to title cards, a letter to parents, and three different certificates.  Click on the picture below to check it out!  The best part?  It is on SALE until Sunday night!



Well....that was my crazy busy week!  I'll leave you with a little funny. My kiddos wrote a sentence about me this week...



Ha!!! I told you...it was a long week... Hope my weekend has a little more relaxation involved...Have a good weekend y'all!

XOXO,

Racheal

No comments

Post a Comment