A BIG THANK YOU!

October is coming to an end and I am feeling so blessed.  So many of you have reached out to me in different ways this month - it's been incredible.  I have gained so many new followers, that I thought I would celebrate with a little SALE!!!


I also want to give you a little FREEBIE!  We recently carved pumpkins at home and at school and I kept all of the gorgeous seeds from them.  I usually use the seeds for counting, measuring, etc. but not really for anything ELA related.  So I thought, why not making letters with them!

I gave our seeds a good scrub down and baked them in the oven on a low temp for about 20 minutes (turning them over half way).  They were good and dry and easy to work with by the time I was finished.  Then I grabbed an old cookies container I had saved from Halloween party a few years ago - one of those containers that store bought cookies come on.  I just knew I would need it for something!  #iamnotahoarder

Anyway, I covered the pumpkin 'plate' with the seeds and let me Madi get to work.  First she practiced making letters in the seeds.


Then, she practiced a few sight words.



Finally, she used the card to build letters - this was her favorite!



I hope your students love this as much as I do!


Snag this FREEBIE by clicking the picture below!  And thanks for checking it out!!!



XOXO,

Racheal

1 comment

  1. I nominated you for a Liebster Award! I've been watching you from the get-go and you deserve it! Check out my post here: http://www.kidpeopleclassroom.com/2014/11/i-got-liebster.html
    See you around, Racheal!
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete