Peek at My Week - Monday Edition

Today was a professional development day for us so I am posting my weekly plans a day late this week!  


We are finally doing our Community Helpers unit and throughout the week, we will be visited by several helpers in our community.  We will also be getting to some activities we never finished last week (tornado warning, sick kiddo, etc. - life happened!)  Click on the pictures below to download my plans and link to the different products!




I actually had these plans made early this time since we had such a busy and fun filled weekend planned!  Our family went to Eckert's Farm in Belleville, IL for some pumpkin patch and apple picking fun!  It's quite a drive and Madi was getting rowdy restless, so I broke out the sight words and white board - she was instantly engaged! 



She practiced writing her sight words for a while then decided she was going to write some sentences.  She came up with these sentences all by herself!  So proud of her!!!  It say, "Is it in the water?  My cup is in the water."  We haven' talked about punctuation or really sentence structure yet, so this is great for her!!!


At the pumpkin patch, Lila had her first real experience checking out the pumpkins.  She was so intrigued!  Madi and I did a mini science lesson on the pumpkin life cycle while we were there too.  What a great hands on experience!







After picking pumpkins, we headed to the apple orchard.  We love picking apples right from the tree and eating them!  I think that was Lila's favorite part!





Needless to say, we had so many goodies the girls had to help get the wagon back to the car!  What good helpers!


It was a wonderful day!


Although we had sooooo much fun at the pumpkin patch, you know a teacher's mind is always working!  On the way home from St. Louis, I HAD to stop at the local teacher store.  I picked up these Carson Dellosa mini accents and library pockets.  I made an uppercase/lowercase memory style game from the accent cards.  I then added pictures to the pockets.  Once a student matches the letters, they will find the pocket with the beginning sound.  Can't wait to do this with my kiddos!


I also picked up these sweet little bags from the Target dollar spot.  They are perfect for my Halloween and apple themed sight word games.  I just need a fall themed game now.....
Finally this weekend, I began work on a project I've been working on for a while.  I wanted something that students could use to practice letter identification and letter sounds - but I wanted to break it down in easy to practice steps.  I made this fun little 'letter a' to try out.  I like the idea of each skill/activity having it's own page.  It eliminates distractions when students are able to focus on individual tasks.  I let Madi give it a try tonight.









A is for 'alligator'.  :)


I don't feel like the book is complete so I have a favor to ask.  This activity is a FREEBIE in my TPT store!  Grab it and let me know what you would like to see added!  Are there certain skills or practice with a letter you feel your student need more of?  Let me know!  I would be happy to make that happen!


Well, I may only have four days this week with my kiddos, but they will be jam packed!  I better get ready for bed!

XOXO,

Racheal

No comments

Post a Comment