February - The shortest and longest month!

It's February!  January kept me plenty busy and I just know that February is going to do the same! It seems like, while this is a short month to begin with - when you throw in no school on President's Day, parent teacher conferences, a professional development day and our Valentine Party - this month is going to be a very LONG month as well!

I am double dipping tonight with two link ups!  The first is with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade!  Here is what I currently have going on!



Listening: Catching up on some DVR - finally!  Life has been so busy lately and I am behind!!!  

Loving: THEY ARE ASLEEP.  STILL.  PRAISE JESUS.  We have been battling the yucky cough + ear infection + teething battle lately and sleep has basically been a distant memory....

Thinking: Due to the previously mentioned lack of sleep...I should probably be in bed...

Wanting: Have you ever had one of those days you just couldn't seem to get it right?  Today was one of those days.  Where's the button y'all?  I need one stat.

Needing: The next few weeks are going to be busy and wild - can we fast forward a little please?

Pageant Title:  I am soooooo not good at this kind of thing.  I tried to think of one word that would describe me today and this is what I came up with!  Lots of decisions will need to be made in the next couple of weeks and I have no idea what to do!  Sending up some prayers for help with these choices!




I didn't get a chance to blog last week (no sleep remember?...), so here's a recap of what we did!

We kicked off our week with the 100th day of school!  I downloaded this amazing freebie from Mrs. Jones' Creation Station. 



 The kiddos loved her yummy snack sort!



We also enjoyed some fun writing!  

What would you do if you had $100?  Go to Chuckie Cheese?


Or buy makeup?  LOL.  I love my kids!


Finally we made these fun pinterest inspired 100th day hats!  So fun!


Last week, our focus was on polar bears and we brought them into our writing!   One of the activities we did was look at various polar bear pictures on the iPad.  Students chose a picture and wrote about it.  So fun!  And they were so engaged!




We also worked with a CAN/HAVE/ARE graphic organizer to organize some of the information we have learned.  They did great using this considering it was our first time!!!



This writing page is part of this pack by Crystal McGinnis.  Click the picture below to grab it!



In math we gained some hands on experience building teen numbers.  We used this FABULOUS pack from Julie at Ms. Shope's Class.  


This pack is SERIOUSLY AMAZING y'all!  My kiddos loved the activities and they were super easy to prepare and use!  





We also used pretzels and M&Ms to practice building tens and ones.  This class.  If you feed them, they will learn!



This week, I am sharing my plans with you as part of Deedee's weekly Peek at My Week!


Click on my plans below to download and access links to the products I'm using!  The pink boxes indicate when my student teacher is teaching - everything is color coded people!!!




This week we are wrapping up our arctic animal study by researching penguins!  To go with our theme, I am using my new shared reading set!  It focuses on the words 'that' and 'with' so we will be working with beginning and ending digraphs!  Click the picture below to grab it!


I'll also be hanging up my new Differentiated February Write the Room cards!  This one set has 30 different cards and 36 different pages to last you the entire month!!!  Click the picture below to check it out!


This week hold a Professional Development day and our first night of parent teacher conferences, plus I am going to be observed by a small group of teachers from another district one day!  EEEEEK!  It's going to be a fun and busy week!  Hope yours goes well!

XOXO,

Racheal



3 comments

  1. Hi! Wow just from that one post, I already love your blog. I feel like a haven't gone blog stalking for ages and now I could probably waste the next hour in minutes. Looks like your class loved their tasty treats. Silly that your kids haven't been well but hopefully this is them on the mend :) Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... precious sleep! I remember thee well! We loved learning about polar bears too! We are STILL talking about them! It looks like you had a great week! Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. You are absolutely right dear. February is a very busy month. In this month I hardly get time for myself. Well, all the pictures are really nice. They reminds me of my daughter’s Phoenix kindergarten where I had enrolled her 7 years ago.

    ReplyDelete