Five for Friday - Last of February!


Can we have a little bit of real talk for a second?  I had EVERY INTENTION of posting my Five for Friday on an actual Friday.  Every intention.  But then Friday came.  We ate pizza.  We enjoyed some chocolate.  Then we snuggled in my bed and completely got lost in Fuller House.  I mean.  It happens.  So here I am, posting on a Saturday.  And I don't regret it one bit! 

Here's five things from my week!




As I may have told you, I recently signed up to be a Beach Body coach.  I am super excited for this next chapter in my life and for the opportunity to help others!!!  I've had great results in health and fitness so far and can't wait to keep going.  I ordered a new program to try out and my shipment came in this week!  I will be starting the 21 Day Fix Extreme after I finish with Focus T25 in the next couple of weeks.  I also received a shipment of Shakeology and my new Starbucks GOLD CARD!!!  Whew!  Best mail ever!





This week was Kindness Week at our elementary school!  It was such a fun week!  Each day was a different theme!  Tuesday was Powered by Kindness.  We wore Superhero shirts and were super kind to each other!  Aren't we so cute?!


Each day, we were also given a kindness challenge as a class.  My favorite challenge had to be our Compli-Mats!  Each child received a heart to write their name on.  Then, each member of the class wrote a compliment on it.  I think our counselor received this idea from another blog but I'm not sure where!  I'd love to give credit so if you know, comment below so I can link it!

First, we brainstormed kind things to say to friends and created an anchor chart.


We then went to work!  Teacher fail on getting a picture...I was too busy participating!  I had my own heart and I loved reading what the kids thought about me!  Crack me up!



This week, our school also celebrated Orchard Night at the local university's women's basketball game.  To get the kids pumped about the game, our Kindergarten team held a little pep rally. We had a free throw contest and each took a half court shot.  So much fun!  I just love my team!


I may not be a star basketball player, but I had fun!



The actual game was so much fun!  The kids created a tunnel for the players to run through before the game and then sang "Grand Ole' Flag" and had a race on the court at halftime.  My Madi had a BLAST watching the players and the cheerleaders!


Lila didn't have as much fun with the game (two year old's don't really sit for basketball games well...) but she did love the mascot Rowdy!



This week, we also wrapped up Dental Health month with some dental health activities.  We read several non-fiction books including this one by Helen Frost. 


We discussed food that is good for your teeth and food that is not.  We then had some fun cutting food from magazines and sorting them!  I saw an idea like this on Pinterest on big chart paper (can't remember the link!), I just adapted the idea to my kids.  They had a great time and it sparked a lot of good conversation!





Here is a copy of the form we used in case you want to tuck it away for next year!  :)



To finish our week, we made a healthy 'teeth' snack!  LOL.  They were too cute!  I loved the comments from my kids....

"It's like a party in my mouth!"
"You should have a cooking show! You could make this!"
"This is the best day ever!"
"When I grow up and become a teacher, I'm going to make these for my kids too."

It's the little things y'all.  




Last, but not least...I've started thinking about March.  It's right around the corner!!!  I finished my March Handwriting FREEBIE for you!  Just click on the picture below to download!


You can also grab my Differentiated March Write the Room from my TPT store!  Here's a link!


Quite the busy week, but a lot of memories made!  Have a great weekend everyone!  Me, I'm getting some rest!





2 comments

  1. Hi Racheal, Thanks for the teeth freebie and happy teeth snack idea. We are in our human body science unit and I'm going to wrap up with teeth, so this is very useful. See you next time. Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen! Good to hear from you! I'm glad you're able to use it!

      Delete